Friday, September 10, 2010

China ho!

On my way to China while I write this on a cruddy old Bell public internet terminal. I think I am too tall to type with any comfort at all on this ancient device. I was hoping to write a blog post, but it turns out that Blogger is blacklisted by this terminal! What the heck?



Anyway everything seems to be going okay so far. The flight staff has allowed me to bring my backpack as carry-on luggage.

When I arrive in China, I'll meet my friend Tom at the airport and we'll be whisked away to dinner with his friend Jing. Can't wait!

* * *


I've safely arrived and everything is awesome. Turns out that Blogger is blocked by the Great Firewall. So posting here will be somewhat of a hassle. We've enjoyed a delicious meal with Tom's friends at a nearby restaurant. I was pretty out of it, so there isn't much to say besides the food was fantastic.

The hostel we're staying at is pretty awesome. It's called Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel. I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to relax with a beer and hit the sack.





* * *

Tom apparently prefers to sleep in a freezer; he currently has the air conditioning at 16 degrees and blasting directly on him (I've had him direct the flow away from me). "I guess I could turn it down," Tom just said resignedly. Good night everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy this blog :) Have fun, you two!

    ReplyDelete